Strict compiler flags
-std=c99 -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wextra -Werror -pedantic-errors
-std=c++0x -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wextra -Werror -pedantic-errors
- Beautiful native libraries
- Format C code according to 1TBS (One True Brace Style, used by Unix and Linux kernel).
- Format C++ code according to Stroustrup style.
#includes this way:
- Header corresponding to current C/C++ translation unit;
- C/C++ standard library header;
- Third party libraries (with headers from the same library grouped together);
- Local libraries;
- astyle: Formatter supporting both 1TBS and Stroustrup styles.
- CMake: A decently widespread build system which is not as tangled and
slow as Autotools.
- Qt Creator: A very good IDE which,
despite the name, can be used for non-Qt C and C++ projects. Supports QMake, Autotools and
To link against the release MSVCRT but include debugging information (.pdb files) make sure to
select the “Release” configuration in Visual Studio and configure the project to use the following
/DEBUG /INCREMENTAL:NO /OPT:ICF /OPT:REF